Thursday, November 23, 2006

 
Movember - The Month formerly known as November

I've been travelling a lot lately so I haven't had time to post long or even frequent entries but I do want to help bring awareness to Movember. Not so much because I care but because it's hilarious!

From the official website:
"Movember is a charity event held during November each year.

At the start of Movember guys register with a clean shaven face. The Movember participants known as Mo Bros then have the remainder of the month to grow and groom their moustache and along the way raise as much money and awareness about male health issues as possible.

Movember culminates at the end of the month at the gala parties. These glamorous and groomed events will see Tom Selleck and David Boon look-a-likes battle it out on the catwalk for their chance to take home the prestigious Man of Movember title.

Movember in Singapore is targeting ex-pat Aussies and Kiwis and giving them a chance to change the face of men’s health.Funds raised in Singapore will either be donated to the Australian or New Zealand beneficiaries depending on what the people that sponsor you select."

I once grew a moustache for 3 weeks whilst on reservist training in Taiwan. J couldn't stop laughing when she saw me the day I got back to Singapore. She insisted I shave it all off before she would let me kiss her. So I guess being a Mo Bro and competing fiercely in the Tom Selleck look-alike contest is out for me (admittedly, the latter being for more reasons than simply missing a moustache).

Whilst I can't participate, it appears from this photo that the Singapore Slingers basketball team have really taken Movember to heart! Maybe Braun and Gillette can sponsor them on 1st December to de-Mo-bilise the Bros?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?