Thursday, April 10, 2008

 
Note to Self

In future, I should remember that it is a bad idea to:

1) Wake up at 2:30am to watch a football match (we won!);

2) Take a military physical fitness test after work that day (I passed!);

3) Go drinking that night at the Cricket Club till about 3am (I passed out!);

And the next day expect to be able to do a mock cross-examination in the morning, attend a Law Society committee meeting over lunch, take a conference call with India in the afternoon and hope to finish a ton of work as well.


Actually, everything was going fine until I quaffed several beers in quick succession at the Cricket Club. To paraphrase the late great Douglas Adams from Life, the Universe and Everything - I had a quick (second) beer to follow the first one down and check that it was alright. Then I had a third beer to find the second beer and see why it hadn't reported back yet on the condition of the first beer. Immediately after, I had a fourth beer as fast as I could so that it would catch up with the third beer and they could go looking for the second beer together, tell the second beer to pull up its socks, get its act together, snap to it and get cracking. I then had a fifth beer with orders to find the fourth beer because I wasn't sure the fourth beer could remember all its instructions and I followed it up with a sixth beer for moral support.


Not surprisingly, things got a bit rough after that.

Comments:
lessee you are a liverpool supporter, or is it chelsea?
 
Liverpool it is. Good deduction.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?